October 10th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode was deliberately delayed because there will be a new day we record: Friday, which means the podcasts will be released on Saturday or Sunday. Therefore, the Dr. Who episode preceding this gave us a little space, and now this podcast will be setting the stage for future episodes.
This week’s news includes:
- Rumor: Caveman game teased by Ubisoft leaked as Far Cry Primal
- Steam Sections coming to major videogame retailers this November
- Sony: “Climate is not healthy” for a new PlayStation handheld
- LEGO Dimensions outsells Skylanders Superchargers and Disney Infinity 3.0
- Fan turns to the crowd for Pokemon PAX party settlement
Write in the comments and let us know what you think.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Steam · Toys · ubisoft · Vita
October 7th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
It’s about time for something completely different, as we are posting the fourth Dr. Who episode, with Scott Dirk co-hosting for the first time, Jennifer Lund making a long-awaited return, and a very special guest. Jonah Falcon ducks out because, well, he’s not a Whovian.
Episode 401 will be coming tomorrow.
Tags: Podcast · Show Notes
September 25th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Well, the fateful day has come on this landmark podcast, as Paul says farewell as a regular podcast host. We can all look back at Jonah’s debut in episode 200, with the knowledge that the next episode will make him the longest running host or co-host on the show – and that’s just scary. A former host leaves a message as well.
This week’s news includes:
- Creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is crowdfunding a fighting game
- Xbox head discusses why Final Fantasy 14 is not on Xbox One
- Pachter: “The console installed base is as big as it’s ever going to get”
- Andrew House: the PS4 is struggling against censorship in China
- Analyst: 30 million VR headsets by 2020
The Question of the Week: “What’s the creepiest videogame you ever played?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Fighting · Industry News · Microsoft · MMO · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · VR
September 16th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Only one more episode til the landmark episode that will see Paul ending his tenure as a regular podcast host in this lengthy episode after the week off. The banter is so off the charts, over an hour had to be cut and will be available in a future outtakes episode – as Paul and Scott agree to do a special Dr. Who episode in the near future too. Oh, and Jonah lost his day job.
The news this week includes:
- Nintendo names a new leader after sudden death of CEO
- Nintendo partners with Niantic Labs for Pokemon on mobile
- Hi-Rez Studios: Players make the content everyone is trying to monetise
- Frostbite: the PS3 CELL retarded the industry significantly
- Windows 10 on Xbox One is called “OneCore”
We need listener feedback for Paul’s goodbye next episode, so write in and let us know what you remember most about Paul!
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · playstation 3 · Podcast · Show Notes
September 9th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
As mentioned in episode 398, there is no podcast this week. See you next week!
September 3rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Two more episodes, and Paul is no longer a regular podcast host. On a side note, there will be no podcast next week due to scheduling conflicts.
This week’s news:
- The Pokémon Company shuts down PAX party with lawsuit
- 881 E.T. cartridges buried in New Mexico desert sell for over $100K
- The smaller new 3DS is coming to the US on September 25
- How GOG rescued 13 Forgotten Realms games from licensing hell
All this and Listener Feedback.
Tags: 3DS · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · Podcast · Retro · Show Notes
August 27th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
A good episode this time, if a little meandering. The episode is slowly reaching its milestone.
The news items for the week include:
- Nintendo patents new hardware, doesn’t include a disc drive
- VS. Excitebike coming to Nintendo’s Virtual Console
- Nintendo increasingly considering movies
- 2DS dropping to $100
- Darkest Dungeon adds option to turn off controversial features
Check us on twitter: Jonah Falcon is @jonahfalcon, Paul Nowak is @stagermonkey, and Scott Dirk is @alphashard.
Tags: 3DS · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes
August 20th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode is very long to make up for the crappiness of last week’s episode, and the crew have fun with the trolling of Target critics this past week.
The news this week includes:
- Guillermo del Toro quits videogame development
- There is no suspend feature for Steam Machines
- Gamescom sets attendance record
- Chinese console crowdfunding project manages to rip off PS4 and Xbox One
This and Listener Feedback.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam
August 13th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
No, really, this episode is one of the worst ever released – boring news, stilted dialog, bad jokes. At least the first news item allowed the crew to rip Pixels. So bad Jonah didn’t bother editing it.
The news items include:
- Anti-piracy group hits indie creators for using the word “pixels“
- Rare Replay studio’s first UK chart-topper since Banjo-Kazooie on N64 in 1998
- More Diablo is coming
- Games for Windows “wasn’t the right approach” says Microsoft
No Listener Feedback or Question of the Week either. That’s how bad this episode was.
Tags: Diablo 3 · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · piracy · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
August 5th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Paul is back from being deathly ill, and joins a half-asleep Jonah and Scott, where he and Scott try to have better timing. There’s no Gaming Flashback this week but plenty of weird news.
The list of news items include:
- Disturbing portrait of Konami corporate environment alleged
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: player choices more impactful, boss fights optional
- ZombiU drops the “U,” preps for August launch on PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Fallout 4 fan releases schematic for 3D printed Pip-Boy
- Vote to play coming soon for PS Plus members
- Hitchhiking robot is decapitated, left in a ditch
There’s a new Question of the Week that wasn’t going to be the Question – listen and find out what it is.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · PC Gaming · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Wii U · Xbox One