November 23rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
If you’re wondering what happened to Episode 405, it was recorded, but Jonah’s power supply self-destructed, and wasn’t available til Wednesday, and by then it was too late to post it. (It will be posted at some point in the near future.)
Instead, check out these week’s news:
- Afro Samurai 2 removed from online stores, players get refunded, episodes 2 and 3 canceled
- Activision apologizes for Nuk3town pre-order mix up
- PlayStation 4 is getting PlayStation 2 emulation, Sony reveals
- Electronic Arts doesn’t want to “nickel and dime” gamers with microtransactions
Question of the Week: Do you or have you pulled videogame all-nighters on weeknights?
Tags: Activision · electronic arts · Episode · FPS · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony
November 10th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode is a little late thanks to unforeseen circumstances, but nothing will stop us from posting new episodes. It’s actually one day late, since last week was a week off, thanks to Podbean limits and Halloween. On that note, this week, Jonah had to erase a spoiler segment about The Force Awakens, but enough remains of the convo discussing other parts of the upcoming movie.
This week’s news:
- Sony not to offer backwards compatibility
- Advertising Standards Authority rules Valve misled customers with Grand Theft Auto V Steam Sale
- The Witcher movie slated for 2017
- Ubisoft admits poor Syndicate sales are due to franchise fatigue caused by Unity
- World of Warcraft paid subscribers at a nine year low at 5.5M
The Question of the Week is what we usually ask ourselves, but with all the new games coming out, “What have you been playing this week?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Sony · ubisoft · world of warcraft
October 26th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
The episode is a day late, sorry about that, folks. In this episode, we wish Paul was with us to discuss what he thought of the release of Jem and the Holograms in theaters. The banter is strong, but not overstuffed like last week.
Lots of news this week, however:
- Konami insists Hideo Kojima still works at company
- 343 Industries not ruling out PC port of Halo 5
- Rebellion rescues Kickstarter backers from GRIN’s bankruptcy
- Classic car combat RPG Autoduel may be making a comeback with inXile
- Pete Hines: Entire game not on Fallout 4 PC disc
- Vivendi seeking more shares of Ubisoft, board seats
The Question on the Week: Do you prefer first person or isometric RPGs?
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Kickstarter · Konami · PC Gaming · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · ubisoft
October 18th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This episode is so long, we actually had to cut on of the stories that went too long. We get some listener feedback for Scott as well.
The news includes:
- EA data leak on Pastebin exposes emails and passwords
- Adobe confirms major Flash vulnerability
- Report: Nintendo’s next platform NX combines console and handheld
- Remaining Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass content revealed
- EA: Remakes happen when you’re ‘out of ideas‘
- Bandai Namco pulls plug on Rise of Incarnates
- Analyst: Preorders drive more sadness than anticipation
Let us know what you think.
Tags: electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes
October 10th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode was deliberately delayed because there will be a new day we record: Friday, which means the podcasts will be released on Saturday or Sunday. Therefore, the Dr. Who episode preceding this gave us a little space, and now this podcast will be setting the stage for future episodes.
This week’s news includes:
- Rumor: Caveman game teased by Ubisoft leaked as Far Cry Primal
- Steam Sections coming to major videogame retailers this November
- Sony: “Climate is not healthy” for a new PlayStation handheld
- LEGO Dimensions outsells Skylanders Superchargers and Disney Infinity 3.0
- Fan turns to the crowd for Pokemon PAX party settlement
Write in the comments and let us know what you think.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Steam · Toys · ubisoft · Vita
October 7th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
It’s about time for something completely different, as we are posting the fourth Dr. Who episode, with Scott Dirk co-hosting for the first time, Jennifer Lund making a long-awaited return, and a very special guest. Jonah Falcon ducks out because, well, he’s not a Whovian.
Episode 401 will be coming tomorrow.
Tags: Podcast · Show Notes
September 25th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Well, the fateful day has come on this landmark podcast, as Paul says farewell as a regular podcast host. We can all look back at Jonah’s debut in episode 200, with the knowledge that the next episode will make him the longest running host or co-host on the show – and that’s just scary. A former host leaves a message as well.
This week’s news includes:
- Creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is crowdfunding a fighting game
- Xbox head discusses why Final Fantasy 14 is not on Xbox One
- Pachter: “The console installed base is as big as it’s ever going to get”
- Andrew House: the PS4 is struggling against censorship in China
- Analyst: 30 million VR headsets by 2020
The Question of the Week: “What’s the creepiest videogame you ever played?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Fighting · Industry News · Microsoft · MMO · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · VR
September 16th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Only one more episode til the landmark episode that will see Paul ending his tenure as a regular podcast host in this lengthy episode after the week off. The banter is so off the charts, over an hour had to be cut and will be available in a future outtakes episode – as Paul and Scott agree to do a special Dr. Who episode in the near future too. Oh, and Jonah lost his day job.
The news this week includes:
- Nintendo names a new leader after sudden death of CEO
- Nintendo partners with Niantic Labs for Pokemon on mobile
- Hi-Rez Studios: Players make the content everyone is trying to monetise
- Frostbite: the PS3 CELL retarded the industry significantly
- Windows 10 on Xbox One is called “OneCore”
We need listener feedback for Paul’s goodbye next episode, so write in and let us know what you remember most about Paul!
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · playstation 3 · Podcast · Show Notes
September 9th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
As mentioned in episode 398, there is no podcast this week. See you next week!
September 3rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Two more episodes, and Paul is no longer a regular podcast host. On a side note, there will be no podcast next week due to scheduling conflicts.
This week’s news:
- The Pokémon Company shuts down PAX party with lawsuit
- 881 E.T. cartridges buried in New Mexico desert sell for over $100K
- The smaller new 3DS is coming to the US on September 25
- How GOG rescued 13 Forgotten Realms games from licensing hell
All this and Listener Feedback.
Tags: 3DS · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · Podcast · Retro · Show Notes